Employees should not have to feel uncomfortable or avoid certain situations or people in the workplace because of sexual advances. Sexual harassment happens more often than we think, and it is a situation that should be taken seriously.
Sexual harassment comes in a variety of different forms and identifying it is not always easy. These are a few example of possible sexual harassment in the workplace to look out for:
- Continued requests for dates
- Unwanted sexual advances
- Requests for sexual favors
- Inappropriate touching or attention
- Conversations about the way you dress or look
- Discussions about your sex life or preferences
- Jokes and/or emails with a sexual undertones or sexual innuendos
- Continuous staring at your body
- Indications that fulfilling sexual advances will help you keep your job or move up in the company
- Unwanted physical contact
If you think you are being sexually harassed in the workplace, Maduff & Maduff recommend that you obtain legal representation from our Chicago sexual harassment lawyers.
If someone has made sexual advances or is involved in inappropriate behavior which makes you feel uncomfortable or interfere with your ability to get your job done, contact Maduff & Maduff to take action.